SMV - Pigging System for insensitive media
LIAG® ’s SMV pendulum pigging systems are based on the use of static pigs which – driven by a pushing medium (product, water, air) – move back and forth between the pig launching and receiving station, thereby eliminating the remaining product from the pipe. SMV pendulum pigs are statically sealing by means of a defined oversize between the pig outside diameter and pipe inside diameter.
The components used in SMV pendulum pigging systems are essential to high operating safety. The use of ball valves with minimized dead pockets is standard in view of maximum process safety. As an option, static pigs are equipped with a magnet for location and control and can be cleaned in the closed system without removing it.
- Hygienic design due to dead pocket minimized ball valves
- Various designs of SMV pigs and material available
- Suited for bends with radii R = 3,0 x D
- The pig can be cleaned in the closed system without removing
- SMV systems are optimally suited for insensitive media and liquids, e.g. beverage, cosmetics, paint etc.
SMV operation procedure
SMV pendulum pig
the perfect shape for every application
SMV pendulum pigs are of homogeneous construction (hygienic design) and statically sealing. As an option, SMV pigs are equipped with a magnet for location and control. The pigs are suited for radii from R = 3,0 x D.
SMV pig launching and receiving station
To satisfy the diverse requirements of the wide range of processes, the optimum pigging method is always designed to the specific project.